1/18/2012

One roller derby girl in making

Pic Miika Karttunen
My time in the Helsinki Roller Derby freshmeat training period is close to it's end. We had our last practice last Sunday and our coach and a derby ref Mick Dagger took a pic of our freshmeat group above. Can you find me? Nirvana will be the hint of the day.
This week's Sunday is the doom day number one. We are all taking part to the minimum skills test which is something everyone has to pass in order to start practicing like a real roller derby girl. Tuesday is the doom day number one, the day that I fear the most - a written test about the rules. If I pass both tests, I can be part of a real team, get my derby name (have one picked up already!) and traing with all the other cool athletics in Helsinki Roller Derby. If not, I just have to wait untill the tests are organized again and try again.
Sooooo... wish me luck!

Ei kommentteja: